Welcome Fun, Fierce, Fashionistas!

MaeAlways is my creation to share my journey and ideas throughout my fashion & textiles degree.
I want to explore different styles and adveture new ideas.... let the fun begin.

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Snug as a Bug ina rug... well nearly!


Layer, Layer & more layers!

Into November now, apparently it's going to snow, it might rain, it might be clear blue skies but something for definate is - IT'S COLD!!
Time to get out the cardi's, put tops under chiffon shirts and tights under skirts, swap the ballet shoes for ankle boots and that scalf that did naff all for a chunky wooley knit beauty.

Here I have teamed up a few layers, the key is to not literally wear layer after layer of chunky knits but too also mix materials, colours and shapes.

Personally i feel the cold more on my top half so thats where I have layered heavier, i hava a simple top under my chiffon shirt, with a tobacco cardi and ontop a wooley waistcoat.
Leather treggins are so warm, they insulate your body heat, treggins give shape and support alot more than normal leggings, definatly a key piece this autumn.

(shirt: Topshop, Cardigan: H&M, Waistcoat: Primark, treggins: H&M, Shoes: River Island)

Tips:
- Layer with mixed materials
- listen to your body! If your legs get cold easy then wrap them up, no bare legs!
- Keep a theme for your colours i.e. tonal

No comments:

Post a Comment